Tuesday, January 26, 2010

B+B's fav designers of the moment (Biannca's)





Proenza Schouler: Hmm.. well what is there not to love about this line, it is absolutely lovely. The colours are fab, the mix of fabrics and textures make the collection interesting to look at. I love the cohesiveness and the way the collection flows. Also I have a slight shoe fetish and the shoes are quite fantastic. This collection is perfect for some aimless, effortless summer fun.







Junya Watanabe: I picked Junya Watanabe because he interests me. The whole collection is very black and white, however, because of all the different patterns i find it intriguing. Also, if that doesn't interest you maybe the different shapes and ways the head pieces are is something to keep you interested, I know I was. This collection doesn't make me want to jump to the beach but it is definitely something fun to think about.





Yves Saint Laurent: Just a classic. Stefano Pilati makes it look so easy. I don't know any other designer this classic that can flash garments with cherry and strawberry patterned textiles, so silly, but so lovely. Then when there isn't the whimsical patterns there is beautifully constructed garments. The stunning contrast between draped and unstructured garments to spectacular tailored ones makes it a great show to view.







Miu Miu: I love Miu Miu, I think the work is fab. I prefer Miu Miu over Prada because of the youthfulness, I find that I could see myself wearing much more Miu Miu then Prada. I recommend checking this collection out because of the wonderful bead work. I love bead work especially when it is so unique and so young looking I guess, I don't really know how to explain it, but it looks like spontaneous beading.. if that makes sense. I feel a huge amount of fun when I look at the SS 2010 collection, there is something young and inspiring about it.




Valentino: And then theres Valentino, my fav. Ouu.. within the first few garments I am completely compelled to this collection. I think the construction is absolutely stunning I am always amazed. I don't know what it is, possibly its the cute but gorgeous bows, I don't know all I know is I love! The piece that Abbey Lee wears just melts my heart. Pier Paolo Piccioli's work inspires me in SO many ways. I love the frillies and the florals. I am just in LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment